Civil Recognition in Italy of Academic Qualifications issued by the Pontifical Gregorian University
|Student Guide Searching|
The Pontifical Gregorian University is on the list of the Faculties and Ecclesiastical Universities approved by the Holy See, in accordance with the provisions of art. 40 of the Lateran Concordat signed between the Holy See and the Italian Republic.
In accordance with the legislation in force in Italy (Article 10, 2 of the Law March 25, 1985 no. 121, published in the ordinary supplement to the Official Gazette no. 85 of April 10, 1985, and Decree of the President of the Republic, February 2, 1994 No. 175, published in the Official Gazette no. 62 of March 16, 1994), following the Concordat Agreement of revision, the academic qualifications of Bachelor and Licentiate in the disciplines of Theology (in all its specializations, including Spirituality) and Sacred Scripture are recognized by the Italian State.
The student must submit an application form, together with the required documents, to the Ministry of University and Research, Office IX, who once received a favorable opinion from the National University Council, shall approve it.
Consequently, it is necessary to ask the Registrarís Office for:
- As regard as the Bachelor of Theology, to be recognized as a University Diploma, the certificate of the 13 tuition years;
- As regard as the Licentiate of Theology, to be recognized as a University Degree, the certificate of the 20 tuition years.
To get academic qualifications recognized or taken into account by the academic authorities of civil Faculties or by civil authorities it is necessary to:
- Referring to Italy:
- Go to the Congregation for Catholic Education, Piazza Pio XII no. 3,
tel. 06/6988.4167; fax 06/6988.4172, bringing:
- The original and a photocopy of the diploma;
- The certificate of all exams with a declaration of annuity;
- The request from the Superior or from the Bishop of the competent Diocese (only for priests and religious).
- Go to the Secretary of State to the Holy See (Vatican Apostolic Palace), tel. 06/6988.3438/4438; fax 06/6988.5088, with the Diploma and the original Transcript to get the authentication of signatures.
- Go to the Italian Embassy to the Holy See, (Monday, Friday 10.00-12.00) in Viale delle Belle Arti, 2 in Rome, tel. 06 67294633 to get the vidimation (for each document you pay a stamp duty, with the exception of qualifications in Theology and Sacred Scripture).
- Deliver all documentation, with an application letter, at Ministero dellíIstruzione, dellíUniversitŗ e della Ricerca (MIUR), Ufficio Equipollenze, located in Rome, Via Michele Carcani, 61, tel. 06 97726090.
- Go to the Congregation for Catholic Education, Piazza Pio XII no. 3, tel. 06/6988.4167; fax 06/6988.4172, bringing:
- Referring to Foreign States:
- Apply for authentication to the competent Ecclesiastical Authorities (Congregation for Catholic Education, P.za Pius XII, no. 3, tel. 06/6988.4167; fax 06/6988.4172; Secretary of State to the Holy See, Vatican Apostolic Palace, tel. 06/6988.3438/4438, fax 06/6988.5088; Embassy of its own Country to the Holy See or the Apostolic Nunciature of the country itself).