La Teologia alla prova del covid-19 - Dialoghi con la scienza
(Course TDC036: 3 ETCS)
What is the relationship between science and faith? The covid-19 pandemic offers itself as a case of immediate evidence, which allows to put the relationship in exemplary terms. Why? The whole story of the pandemic has been understood with the parameters of science, and the decisions of governments have been taken on the basis of reasons provided by a technical-scientific committee. The reasons of faith, which in the past were decisive to deal with pestilences, were not relevant at all. In addition, the triumphalistic tones of those who hastened to conclude God, with the covid-19, have died. Beyond ideologies, always lurking on both sides, the pandemic solicits a frank and unprejudiced dialogue between science and theology, which is the "science of faith". It is about starting a trans-disciplinary path, in which science and theology choose to confront each other, knowing that they have to learn from each other's listening.
The Faculty of Theology of the Pontifical Gregorian University has therefore launched a course, aimed not only at students of theology, but also at those who care about a theme that is decisive for science and theology, as it is decisive for the life and future of humanity itself. The course will address the questions that have emerged in this dramatic time, through the confrontation between a scientist, Dr. Ernesto Burgio, renowned virologist, and a group of specialists in the study areas of theology: Biblical Theology, Theology of the Fathers, Fundamental Theology, Dogmatic Theology, Moral Theology.
|Date||Nov 5, 2020|
|Hours:||From 16:00 To 00:00|
|Organizer:||Faculty of Theology|
Pontificia Università Gregoriana
All those enrolled a separate email from the secretariat of the Faculty of Theology will be sent, containing the link to access live streaming on the YouTube channel of the Pontifical Gregorian University.
12 meetings (6 per semester)
- First semester: 5/12/19/26 November, 3/10 December 2020
- Second semester: 25 February, 4/11/18/25 March, 15 April 2021
- Students I and II cycle enrolled in the Faculty of Theology
- Students enrolled in other Faculties of the Pontifical Gregorian University
- External professors from public and private schools of all levels and grades
- Medical and paramedical staff
- For the students of the Pontifical Gregorian University at the Registrar's Office with online procedure;
- For all the others through the button "Event Registration" present in this page;
- For Pontifical Gregorian University students: free of charge
- For everyone else: € 150,00
For more informaton please contact Faculty of Theology