EXPIRING RESIDENCE PERMITS EXTENDED TO 15 JUNE 2020
All residence permits (as well as certificates, attestations, permits, concessions, authorizations and enabling acts however denominated) expiring in the period between 31 January and 15 April 2020 shall be extended until 15 June 2020, with the possibility for holders to apply for renewal after that date.
Legislative reference: Circular of the Ministero dell’Interno dated 24 March 2020. Subject: Decree Law no. 18 of 17 March 2020 on "Measures to strengthen the National Health Service and economic support for families, workers and businesses connected with the epidemiological emergency by COVID-19" - Suspension of the terms of administrative procedures.
FIRST RELEASE AND RENEWAL DEADLINES SUSPENDED.
The terms of the administrative procedures for first issues and renewals of residence permits are suspended until the beginning of April.
In detail, Article 9 of the Decree-Law provides that "in order to allow the full use of State Police staff, they shall be suspended for a period of thirty days:
- the deadlines for the conclusion of administrative procedures relating to the granting of authorisations, however they may be called, which fall within the competence of the Ministry of the Interior and the provincial and local public security authorities with regard to the [...] stay of foreigners [...];
- the deadlines for the presentation of the request for the first issue and renewal of the residence permit provided for, respectively, in eight working days from the entry of the foreigner into the territory of the State and in at least sixty days before the expiration or in the sixty days following the expiration, pursuant to article 5, paragraphs 2 and 4, and article 13, paragraph 2, letter b), of the legislative decree of 25 July 1998, no. 286".
Legislative reference: "DECREE LAW No 9 of 2 March 2020 Emergency support measures for families, workers and businesses related to the epidemiological emergency by COVID-19", published on 2 March in the Gazzetta Ufficiale
To all new non-EU students of the Academic Year 2019-2020
You should remember that:
- the request papers for the first residence permit must be presented within the first 8 days of your arrival in Italy;
- on the day of the appointment at the police headquarters, you will be asked to sign the Integration Agreement.
or further information about the address and forms compilation, please apply to the Foreign Students Office
To all non-EU students
If you wish to consult the state of the progress of the agreement, after you undersign the Integration Agreement you will need to make a specific online registration and subsequently to confirm it.
The Foreign Students Office is at your disposal for the completion of these formalities and to provide the necessary information.
To all students having a residence permit
All students having a residence permit for study and / or religious purposes can voluntarily register to the National Health Service (NHS), against payment of the contribution related to the calendar year (January to December).
For further information about the address and the requisites needed, please apply to the Foreign Students Office.
Below you can download the Foreign Student Office brochure
The Foreign Students Office has been at the service of the University Community for more than ten years. Its main purpose is to guide all students, those from countries outside the European Union and citizens of the European Union, who intend to remain in Italy for more than 90 days.
In the Foreign Students Office you will also find the needed orientation, information and guidance to fill in application forms for:
- Visa for religious or study reasons
- Obtaining the residency permit for the first time or to renew an existing permit
- Integration agreement
- Checking your residency permit on line
- Hospitality declaration
- Statement of responsibility
- Fiscal code
- Insurance policy
- Registration at the National Health Service (Health insurance card)
- Registration at the civil registry and residence (Identity card)
- Legalization, validation and endorsement of documents
- Italian citizenship
- Conversion of residency permit
- Procedures to obtain permanent residency in Italy of E.U. citizens
- Other valuable information
Contact and Office Hours
Location: Lucchesi Building - L002
- Monday to Friday from 9.30 a.m. to 12.30
- Monday and Wednesday from 14.15 to 16.15
- Tuesday and Thursday from 14.15 to 15.45
Contact: tel. +39 06 6701 5445