The Document Delivery Service will be suspended from Monday, December 16th 2019, to Monday, January 6th 2020, included. During this period requests won’t be processed.
The service will regularly resume on Tuesday, January 7th.
The Document Delivery Service (DD) provides for the exchange of document copies amongst libraries at local, national and international levels, in compliance with Italian copyright law (Law 22 April 1941, n. 633 and related changes).
The service is provided exclusively for periodicals and the Library does not charge a fee; thanks to an agreement all exchanges within the URBE Network (Roman Union of Ecclesiastical Libraries) are reciprocally free of charge.
The service conditions are the following:
- Incoming DD (Requests coming from the users of the Library)
- Requests must be submitted by filling out the appropriate form; every user shall request up to a maximum of 3 articles per month
- Depending on the library that owns the documents, the service may include a fee, the amount to be notified to the applicant before the request is forwarded
- An email will be sent as soon as the documents are available and they can be collected in paper form at the Distribution Desk within five days
- Outbound DD (Requests from other libraries)
- Requests must be submitted by filling in the appropriate form or using the NILDE (Network Inter-Library Document Exchange) service; every library shall request up to a maximum of 3 articles per month
- Documents will be sent electronically to the requesting library that will deliver them to the user in hard copy and delete the received file
For more information, refer to the Regulation of Document Delivery Service available on the Documents and Regulations page.